Mechanical Engineering

Output of Mechanical System

These are "Mechanical Engineers".

There is a subtle difference between "an Engineer" - highly qualified and competent in the theory AND practice of Engineering, and an engineering Technician - who is highly competent at the practice of Engineering (though some engineers have very limited hands-on skills)

In the US and Canada, they have "protected" the term "Engineer" to ensure its appropriate use (which saves in all the confusion), but I believe they are the only countries to have done so. 

This lack of definition causes all sorts of confusion and frustration. I know so many "Engineers" who can design and calculate out the systems and integrations of innumerable sub-systems of an entire assembly of virtually any size (myself included) who - when telling someone they are a "Mechanical Engineer" gets the response - "Ohh fantastic, my car needs a service!".

Don't misunderstand; I CAN service a car - and am not above doing so (I do my own all the time, and also used to do them occasionally for others), it just seems a little bit of a waste of skills and expertise - e.g. in my case, a 4 year indentured "standards Based" apprenticeship, BTech ONC & BTech HNC in Mechanical Engineering, 30+ years of CPD - sorry "Continual Professional Development" - and an MEng in Mathematical analysis to boot...(significantly condensed).

Oh, for reference, this is VERY SIMILAR to the design and development, so - whilst you have said that is NOT what you are seeking - they should also be able to assist.

I do hope this helps