Mechanical Engineering

New industrial revolution on the horizon---

New industrial revolution on the horizon---

Worth billion$$$$$$ in capital flow.

Worth millions in good paying jobs$$$$$

Worth millions in.,.,.,.,.,.,…you fill in the blank

Today there are over 8,283 million used cars and trucks in the streets of American today, in the year 2022ad; that are in good working order.

USA used cars

Used car- $4,999 1/1/2022

image.png.a392a82fcf9881f159e5cebe6f8341ab.pngimage.png.268ca3cb657702534661b3ebbc894410.png

Used car- $3,999

There are many countries around this planet that its citizens could use a used car at a reasonable price. 

While Americans shift to EV's 

Know any investors by chance-?

Cubans in Cuba have been using used cars for generations.-

Its a nice idea, but the move is AWAY from CO2 releasing vehicles....nay, EVERYTHING!!!

It does not matter which continent or country they are located....it they utilise a fuel source that releases previously sequestered carbon (basic junior-high school chemistry) - they need to be gone!

For about 4.5 Billion years, the Earth has been around and gradually started to develop flora which began sequestering carbon to finally allow the development of fauna on the planet - which only started in "Advanced forms" about 800 Million years ago. In the last 250 years, we have released enormous amounts of this carbon back into the atmosphere such that WE have tipped the ecological balance out of kilter. 

Putting that into context...that is 4 500 000 000* years of sequestration and 250 years of release (although the vast majority of this release is post 1950...which is even worse)!

It may well be too late to rectify the situation...the changes - at very least - have enormous momentum and take significant time to even understand their full extent, let alone reduce their effects. 

Shifting visibility of the problem does nothing to remove the problem.

B

* As an Engineer, I always get a little "fuzzy" about the terms "Billions" and "Trillions"...I prefer standard form or SI prefixes (k, M, G, T... etc)...it cannot be confused.
Etymologically and mathematically speaking, a "Billion" is a "Bi-Million" (1 x 10^12)
ie 1 000 000 000 000 (1 000 000 x 1 000 000 or 1 000 000^2)...
...a Trillion is a "tri-million" (1 000 000 x 1 000 000 x 1 000 000 or 1 000 000^3) or 1 x 10^18. This was "taken over" in the late 70s by popular news and economics reporting which redefined these as 1 kilo-Million = 1 Billion; hence my ever and ongoing confusion!!!

Billion - 1 000 000^2

Trillion - 1 000 000^3

Quadrillion - 1 000 000^4

Quintillion - 1 000 000^5 etc

Now...back to my calculations....er.... where did I put my log-tables...?